LENTIL OAT LOAF - VALERIE WHEATLEY, DIETITIAN
Return to [TOP] [HOME]
LENTIL OAT LOAF
2 cups cooked lentils, slightly mashed (or a 19 oz can, drained)
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup rolled oat
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2-2/3 cup tomato sauce (or spaghetti sauce, BBQ sauce or salsa)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix lentils, onion, oats and cheese in a large bowl. Add beaten egg and mix well.
3. Add about 1/2 c of sauce, garlic, basil and pepper. Add remaining sauce if mixture appears too thick/dry.
4. Coat an 8x8" pan with nonstick spray and evenly spread in loaf mix.
5. Bake 30-40 minutes or until top is golden and crispy.
6. Top with additional sauces and serve with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.